WHEN YOUR SCHOOLS AND BUSES NEED HELP, DEPEND ON DIGITAL RADIO RELIABILITY.
SEE WHY DIGITAL RADIOS CAN BETTER PREPARE SCHOOLS IN PROTECTING STUDENTS, STAFF AND INVESTMENTS.
VDC RESEARCH REVEALS WHICH TECHNOLOGY IS THE TRUSTED CHOICE FOR CRITICAL MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS AND SAVINGS.
More than 800 professionals rank their mobile investments. Download to read how digital radios can overcome common cell phone challenges, such as:
- Significantly higher total cost of ownership
- 18-20 percent failure rate
- Poor audio quality and coverage
LEARN WHAT MAXIMIZES SAFETY AND MINIMIZES SPENDING.
Discover why digital radios can lower security risks and costs by 50 percent.
SCORE HIGH MARKS FOR SCHOOLWIDE SAFETY
Educational institutions, from K-12 through college, are being increasingly challenged to find smarter ways to boost student safety and staff efficiency with ever-shrinking budgets. Parents want to be confident their children are learning in a safe, secure environment. School personnel need to effectively interact together, whether they’re managing sporting events or a maintenance emergency. And administrators must ensure a rapid, coordinated response to any situation with up-to-date technology that fits their funding.
How can you keep students safer in the classroom, on the school bus and at after-school events? Unify your staff easily and seamlessly, working around the district or across campus? Make sure parents are in touch and your community in the loop? Two-way digital radio communication is the answer. It keeps staff connected, students secure and administrators, parents and the public confident.
Institutions are seeking smarter solutions, such as GPS location tracking to monitor buses, manage routes and enable parents to log in and see where students are. They’re looking for safer solutions for their staff, too – from emergency alarms that activate voice communication to hands-free accessories so drivers can communicate safely while operating the bus.
Versatile and powerful, MOTOTRBO is the ideal communication solution. Using digital technology, it combines the best of two-way radio functionality with expanded capabilities to meet your communication needs. MOTOTRBO integrates voice and data seamlessly, offers enhanced features that are easy to use, and delivers safety-focused advantages like integrated Bluetooth®, GPS location tracking and Intelligent Audio that automatically adjusts volume to address background noise.
Only MOTOTRBO lets you choose the right device for the right user – such as the remarkably scalable XPR™ 3500 portable, the XPR 5500 mobile for unrivaled voice and data communication, and the ultra-thin, ultra-light SL 7550 portable. MOTOTRBO can remaster your institution and the way people collaborate to help you achieve greater safety and cost-savings.
- Reach personnel anywhere they go with voice and data
- Improve safety and security across the district and around campus
- Keep every department connected easily and seamlessly
- Improve response time, logistics and staff coordination
- Maximize your system investment and infrastructure
- Meet shrinking school budgets cost-effectively
ADMINISTRATORS AND EDUCATORS CAN MULTIPLY SAFETY AND SUBTRACT COSTS
LOCATE YOUR STAFF, STUDENTS AND BUSES INSTANTLY.
Need to contact a student on the bus, redirect a vehicle or make sure your fleet is adhering to its route? MOTOTRBO’s integrated GPS module helps you monitor their location and manage logistics. Now school officials can pinpoint each school vehicle to improve security, increase student safety and effectively respond to emergencies, weather events, traffic and more.
PRIORITIZE COMMUNICATION IMMEDIATELY.
When emergencies happen your security personnel need to communicate instantly. And MOTOTRBO’s transmit interrupt suite – with voice interrupt, emergency voice interrupt and data over voice interrupt – lets you prioritize critical communication the moment you need it.
MANAGE EMPLOYEE ATTENDANCE AND PAYROLL AUTOMATICALLY.
MOTOTRBO eliminates manual errors and inaccurate recordkeeping with time and attendance reports – tracking when bus drivers are on or off duty or picking up students – and then providing an accurate and automatic payroll.
RESPOND REMOTELY WITH TRACKING APPLICATIONS.
Want to check fuel consumption or be alerted when a bus door is open? MOTOTRBO radios are equipped with operations-critical applications that enhance security, increase efficiency and reduce costs. Now administrators can see the fleet’s fuel usage. Security can be automatically notified if a door or gate is breached and remotely open or close it. And maintenance can turn lights on or off, control sprinklers and handle many other tasks with their MOTOTRBO radios.
EDUCATIONAL APPLICATIONS THAT EXCEL
- Text Messaging: Send text messages so staff can read discreetly when convenient, and not distract them or disturb others in the learning environment
- Location Tracking: Monitor the whereabouts of staff, students and vehicles; in an emergency, you can pinpoint security personnel and send the nearest to the scene
- Alarm Management: Be alerted and respond remotely with tracking applications that monitor and operate doors, gates, lights, sprinklers and more
- Bluetooth® Scanning: Record the number of people going into an event or use the radio for time/ attendance reporting
- Device Integration: Ensures your personnel can place a call for assistance to a two-way radio from any outdoor location by integrating with landlines, wireless call boxes and PA systems
SECURITY AND STAFF CAN REACT INSTANTLY AND RESPOND EFFECTIVELY
HEAR CLEARLY THROUGHOUT CAMPUS
If your employees are making repairs or making their way through a crowded assembly, they must be able to understand the message. MOTOTRBO’s Intelligent Audio feature, available on certain models, automatically adjusts the radio’s volume to fit the level of noise in the environment. The volume turns up in noisy places so they won’t miss a call and turns down in quiet settings so they won’t disturb others. And with MOTOTRBO’s background noise suppression, you can be confident communication comes through loud and clear.
CONNECT YOUR CAMPUS COMPLETELY
Extend coverage anywhere and expand capacity to anyone with a suite of MOTOTRBO systems:
- IP Site Connect uses an IP network to extend the voice and data capabilities of MOTOTRBO. You can create a continuous network that covers your employees at 15 geographically-dispersed schools. Or you link up to 15 sites to create wide area coverage at a single campus.
- Capacity Plus is the single site digital trunking solution that maximizes the capacity of your MOTOTRBO system. Use it to enable a high volume of voice and data communication for over a thousand users at a single site without adding new frequencies.
- Linked Capacity Plus is an entry level, multi site digital trunking system configuration for the MOTOTRBO platform. It leverages the high capacity of Capacity Plus, with the wide area coverage capabilities of IP Site Connect.
- Connect Plus is the scalable, multi-site digital trunking system that keeps your entire institution connected. With this high capacity MOTOTRBO system, calls can be queued during busy times until an open channel is available, important users can be assigned priority status when the system is in high demand, and a wire-line console can be used for centralized dispatch.
REDUCE OPERATIONAL COSTS
By utilizing TDMA digital technology, MOTOTRBO enables two virtual channels within a single 12.5 kHz channel – double the capacity of analog. Since you don’t need a second repeater, you save on equipment costs. And because voice and data are integrated in one device, MOTOTRBO saves you the expense of additional equipment for text messaging and GPS location tracking.
Only Motorola Original Products are performance-matched to guarantee the same high standards of quality that you enjoy with your Motorola two-way radio. When you see the Motorola Original logo on the products, you know the products are built and tested to meet the highest standards.
COMMUNICATE WITHOUT DISTURBING OTHERS
Whether your personnel are working in the basement, the bus garage or on the football field, MOTOTRBO has flexible solutions that fit every user and every environment. Audio accessories feature leading-edge IMPRES™ audio technology to further suppress ambient noise, improve voice intelligibility and amplify loudness.
Wireless accessories free personnel to interact safely – so drivers can keep their hands on the wheel while they communicate and trainers can keep their radio in the medical bag while they attend to an injured player. These ruggedly reliable and Bluetooth® compatible accessories range from lightweight earpieces to a wireless push-to-talk (PTT) you put in a pocket and link to any wireless earpiece.
REMOTE SPEAKER MICROPHONES (RSM)
Remote speaker microphones make it easy for staff to communicate without having to remove the radio from their belt or jacket. Waterproof models are ideal for rainy days, outdoor sports events or helping children off the bus during inclement weather.
RELY ON BATTERIES WITH PERFECT ATTENDANCE
School days don’t end at 3:00 p.m. for your employees and neither should their radio batteries. MOTOTRBO radios operate up to 40% longer between recharges compared to typical analog radios. To prolong the life of your batteries and maximize talk time, “smart energy” IMPRES™ technology automates battery maintenance so radios are ready to go whenever they are.
BROCHURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- MOTOTRBO System Brochure
- MOTOTRBO Capacity Plus Brochure
- MOTOTRBO IP Site Connect Brochure
- MOTOTRBO Connect Plus Brochure
- MOTOTRBO: Professional Digital Two-way Radio System Accessories and Batteries
- MOTOTRBO: Analog Trunked Radios
- Huntsville City Schools Discovers a Smarter Way to Improve Communications
- Des Moines Public Schools Secures Instant Communications Across the District
VIDEOS AND WEBINARS
Digital Radios vs. Cell Phones: Which Better Prepare Schools?
See how digital radios outperform cell phones in emergencies and during extreme weather. Learn why digital radios can better prepare schools to protect students, faculty, and staff.
How Can I Use MOTOTRBO in Education
This video, one in a 16-part series featuring John Jaderholm from the Motorola System Solutions Team, answers a key customer question about using MOTOTRBO digital two-way radios in their business.
Many Users. Different Devices. All Motorola's MOTOTRBO.
Many Users. Different Devices. All MOTOTRBO. Learn how Motorola's MOTOTRBO family of two-way radios increase the efficiency of security teams.
- Airports and Seaports
- Federal Government
- Fire/Emergency Services
- Gaming and Casinos
- Law Enforcement
- Public Administration
- Wholesale Distribution